MMA Forum Singapore to showcase cutting edge mobile technologies
Regional entrepreneurs and industry pioneers to display mobile innovations and successes
Singapore, April 29, 2011 – The Mobile Marketing Association (MMA) today announced the finalists for two new segments to be introduced at the MMA Forum Singapore on May 4-5, 2011. Titled ‘The Pitch’ and ‘The Mobile Experience Lab’, both platforms are geared to help showcase upcoming mobile innovations and existing successful campaigns by entrepreneurs and industry pioneers.
“We’ve had a lot of relevant and eye-opening discussions in the MMA Forum’s last two instalments. This year, we wanted to include an experiential element to the Forum that would provide participants with a better understanding of the potential of the medium. We also wanted to ensure that the Forum becomes a platform for budding mobile innovators to demonstrate their latest inventions to an audience that includes key players from the entire mobile ecosystem. We are excited and proud to have a very highly regarded and talented mix of industry experts and entrepreneurs share their successes and innovations with our audience,” said Rohit Dadwal, Managing Director, Mobile Marketing Association Asia Pacific Limited.
The Pitch is a 50-minute session where six companies will get a chance to show off their mobile innovation or product or service by way of a six-minute on-stage demonstration. The idea is to encourage original concepts coming from the young, bright minds in the industry by providing visibility to their ideas in front of a focused audience.
The products/solutions that will be displayed at The Pitch this year include:
• Chalkboard: Chalkboard, a real-time local ad network, will showcase how their layer of live points of interest (POIs) enhances publisher properties with content that increases recall and pays.
• GotoCamera: GotoCamera is making video monitoring accessible to everyone, everywhere. Subscribers in 180 countries use GotoCamera to monitor their homes, kids, pets, the elderly, and their businesses. The service is easy to use as it takes away the technical difficulties and knowledge that Web and mobile based video monitoring has traditionally required. It is also affordable as it allows customers to use the equipment they already own.
• GreenPost: GreenPost gives users all their bills electronically in one place. Singtel, Starhub, SP Services and NUSS, Malaysian and Australian bills can be received conveniently and securely for free. GreenPost will be showcasing their Web portal, iPad app, Android app and iPhone app for anytime, anywhere bill management.
• Monterosa: Apps developer Monterosa will be presenting their iPhone application ‘Glass of Water’ made for Toyota. A simple glass of water can lower fuel consumption by 10%. Aggressive acceleration and braking wastes fuel. By planning their journey and driving calmer, drivers use less fuel and emit less CO2. The Glass of Water app records the user’s driving distance, time, fuel consumption and water spilled. After each drive, users can analyze their results and see on a map where they can improve their driving for the future.
• Quantum Inventions: Quantum Inventions Private Limited (QI) has developed and deployed dynamic navigation, routing and traffic information services for consumer, enterprise and government systems. QI will demonstrate their navigation and real-time location-based information platform and systems that enable users to synchronize information with their central servers, receive real-time traffic information on their devices and perform traffic-aware and ERP-aware routes on their devices.
• ShowNearby: ShowNearby Pte Ltd is Singapore’s leading location-based service provider, which develops the mobile application ShowNearby. The app shows users nearby points of interest. It currently has about 40 predefined categories, broadly covering daily information-seeking needs such as petrol kiosks, electronic road pricing gantries, restaurants, bus stops, cafes, places of worship, libraries and more. It also provides relevant and real-time details, allows users to make calls, send emails, access the websites of specific points of interest on the app and make cab and movie bookings.
The Mobile Experience Lab offers an interactive way for attendees to learn from mobile marketing innovators, observe successful mobile campaigns, and communicate with brands using mobile as a function of their integrated marketing strategy. Handpicked by a jury of industry peers, each mobile campaign station will offer a practical opportunity to experience the campaign from a consumer’s viewpoint.
The shortlisted products/solutions for this year’s Experience Lab include:
• Dentsu Asia: Dentsu will be showcasing iButterfly, a fun and entertaining mobile information and couponing platform. It uses 3 technologies to deliver content and coupons – augmented reality, to show virtual butterflies in the real world, motion sensors, for users to catch the butterflies, and GPS, to place butterflies in certain locations.
• Smart Communications Inc.: The Philippines’ leading wireless communications provider will unveil the Netphone™ – a path-breaking smartphone designed for emerging markets. The Netphone comes with a suite of applications that provide users with one-touch, one-screen access to the most popular communications and social networking services, as well as relevant customer account services. The phone is also specially designed to enable users to access the Internet in bite-sized amounts, which is a first in the world.
• TELiBrahma: TELiBrahma will demonstrate the process of creating and launching augmented reality and visual recognition based campaigns. Participants can walk-in with their visiting cards/ company logos and go out with those logos/visiting cards augmented with digital information. TELiBrahma will also showcase the use of image processing technologies to deliver better consumer engagement through consumers’ mobiles. Being a leader in marker less augmented reality space TELiBrahma would also demonstrate some of its solutions around traditional media integration, in store experience and product visualizations.
Themed “Consumers Are Mobile; Are You?”, this year’s MMA Forum Singapore will draw more than 250 local and regional delegates to the Grand Hyatt between May 3 and 5, 2011. To view the Forum agenda and find out about registration, visit http://mobilemarketingforum.com/singapore2011/agenda.
About the Mobile Marketing Association (MMA)
The Mobile Marketing Association (MMA) is the premier global non-profit trade association representing all players in the mobile marketing value chain. With more than 700 member companies, the MMA is an action-oriented organization with global focus, regional actions and local relevance. The MMA’s primary focus is to establish mobile as an indispensable part of the marketing mix. The MMA works to promote, educate, measure, guide and protect the mobile marketing industry worldwide. The MMA’s global headquarters are located in the United States and it has regional chapters including North America (NA), Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA), Latin America (LATAM) and Asia Pacific (APAC) branches. For more information, please visit www.mmaglobal.com.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Rice Communications for the MMA
Tel: +65 6221 8047